When over three decades of research goes into the development of a fitness product, it’s difficult not to take notice.
Such was my case with the electronic muscle stimulation technology behind the Flex Belt, a new and fascinating portable abdominal training belt that works by artificially stimulating the abdominal muscle via electric impulses. This process will effectively simulate the mechanical effects of a stomach crunch with zero effort.
After reading this, I was somewhat on board, but still skeptical. Therefore, I dug deeper into the Flex Belt, and what I discovered went beyond my wildest dreams.
Is The Flex Belt A Scam?
Was this the first question you were asking yourself? Me too!
The abdominal stimulation belt market is saturated with improperly developed and complete scam products.
Products with names such as “The Easy Body Shredder,” “Sweet Sweat Waist Trimmer,” and even “The Shred Belt.” What makes the Flex Belt stand out from these fly-by-night, shoddily-crafted belts? The first and foremost thing is most definitely that big seal smacked right on the front of the box that reads “FDA APPROVED.”
That’s correct; the Food and Drug Administration classifies this as conforming to the 93/42/EEC medical device directive requirements.
The Flex Belt is the only abdominal stimulation device on the market with this accolade. Cleared for “toning, strengthening, and firming abdominal muscles.”
The belt is also reviewed positively by such names as Jerry Rice, Lisa Rinna, and Denise Richards. Note that I didn’t say endorsed, I said reviewed. The Flex Belt is a tested and proven product with an incredible track record of assisting in the tightening and toning of abs.
IT SEEMS TOO-GOOD-TO-BE-TRUE PRODUCTS. IS IT RECOMMENDED BY ANYONE OUTSIDE OF CELEBRITIES AND AN FDA ENDORSEMENT?
Star reviews aside, the consideration and support of Dr. John Porcari was more of an eye-opener than any other product review of the Flex Belt. Why is this? Dr. Porcari, professor of Sports Medicine and Exercise at the University of Wisconsin, led a detailed, in-depth study in 2005 into the after effects of self-administered NMES (neuromuscular electrical stimulation) on the human body.
This study showed observational changes in endurance and strength amongst those utilizing a stimulation belt when compared with those who did not.
The following was noted at the end of the study period:
“This study found that the use of the FLEX belt significantly increased abdominal strength and endurance, decreased waist girth, and improved self-perceived abdominal firmness and tone. The results probably can be attributed to the power of the electrically induced muscle contractions made possible by the quality of the electrodes utilized, as well as the stimulator itself.”
Not bad for a product that has been allowed an additional twelve years of technological progression since completion of the study!
The Flex Belt Cost!
I’VE SEEN ABDOMINAL BELTS ON AMAZON FOR $30 THAT CLAIM TO PERFORM THE SAME ACTIONS.
Those products are lying.
The price tag for the Flex Belt is higher than most of the competing ab belts but it’s performance shows why the price tag is worth it.
Typically, the price for a brand new flex belt ab system directly from their website is $200. The box comes with everything needed to get started, including a gel pad that lasts for over 30 ab toning sessions.
If you want to save a few dollars then you can often get a cheaper flex belt on Amazon if you have free prime shipping.
IS THE FLEX BELT SOMETHING I NEED TO WEAR ALL DAY UNDER MY CLOTHES?
Most definitely not. I have been using my Flex Belt for six weeks now. My regimen is relatively straightforward. 30 minutes a day Monday through Friday. I’ve got a desk job and run a business on the side, so there was never much room for a good quality workout. As I’m also all about productivity and multitasking, here is my usual routine:
I wake up at 6 AM and immediately chug a protein shake. Then I put on the Flex Belt and set the intensity around 80 (power can be manually adjusted from 1 to 150). Once it’s going strong, I hop on my treadmill desk and walk at 3 miles per hour while checking emails and working on building my business. I do an hour on the treadmill. Halfway through, a timer goes off, and I take off the Flex Belt. That’s all there is to it!
Nobody is forcing you to double down on the exercise, though. Wear it while you watch television. Wear it while you fix your breakfast. Wear it whenever you please!
AM I GOING TO SEE RESULTS AS QUICKLY AS I WOULD IN COMPARISON TO A HALF HOUR OF ACTUAL ABDOMINAL EXERCISES?
All the television and YouTube ads say “see results after four to eight weeks!”. I started to see results at the four-week mark. They were noticeable, not just the placebo effect. I’ve been there, done that. Quite a few of the reviews of the Flex Belt note results between four weeks and six weeks. And this is with 30 minutes of (non) work per day.
Surely there are upsides and downsides to using the flex belt…
THE FLEX BELT PROS AND CONS (FROM MY OWN RESEARCH AND PERSONAL EXPERIENCE)
As with every product in the marketplace today, and especially so with anything relating to health and fitness, there are pros and cons, advantages and disadvantages, upsides and downsides. Here’s a little further insight from my travels with the Flex Belt, and from what I have researched into the product:
PROS OF THE FLEX BELT
- The Flex Belt works all the key muscles in the abdomen simultaneously, even the obliques, where most exercise belts fall completely flat. There is no need to move the belt around to hit the left, right, upper, and lower abdominal sections, or wear it for two hours in a sitting to ensure even stimulation.
- The device is ridiculously portable, making for quick and easy utilization on a daily basis. As stated above, I use it generally while on the treadmill desk walking and checking emails. However, there have been a few times I have been away on business, have packed my Flex Belt, and utilized it while getting ready in the hotel room in the morning.
- One of the things I noticed immediately when compared to doing the crunches, sit-ups, weighted leg raises, etc., is that I don’t have any back or neck strain whatsoever. Typical abdominal exercises can hyperextend the neck and back, leaving you sore and hurting after a solid half hour squeezed in after a longer muscle group set. With the Flex Belt, I could get the same workout without even moving if I felt so inclined!
- The Flex Belt is extremely quick and straightforward to learn to use. Even though I run a stable business online, I’m not super tech savvy off the computer. You should see how I had to finagle my wireless router! The Flex Belt thankfully arrived with clear, concise directions on how to get started. After the initial battery charging process was complete, I was able to effortlessly slip the belt over my midsection and let it go to work. Simple and quick!
- It should go without saying if you’ve read to this point that the Flex Belt delivers fast, effective, efficient results. I saw results in four weeks. I have a friend who I converted to the Flex Belt after having mine only a few days. He said his wife was mentioning the change in his body within three weeks. Reviews online are anywhere between four weeks and six weeks. It firms your abs, it tones your abs, it makes you feel good, and it saves you time. What more could you possibly want in life? Don’t answer that. Flex Belts for your biceps.
- The guarantee is another advantage in my book. A few years ago, I used an abdominal belt whose name I will not mention. After three months of constant usage, I didn’t see any results whatsoever. I contacted the company about a refund. They told me to go away and not call them again, and that all sales were final. The Flex Belt offers a sixty-day money-back guarantee. If you’re not 100% satisfied with your results after those nine and a half weeks, they will give you a complete refund of your purchase price, no questions. This gives you plenty of time to test and ensure you are using the Flex Belt correctly.
CONS OF THE FLEX BELT
- As I’ve mentioned, the cost is on another level compared to the inexpensive wannabe abdominal stimulation belts on the market. They’re not comparable products if I’m sincere, only because the Flex Belt works as if it’s an exercise machine all its own. But yes, a far higher price point, on par with some annual gym memberships.
- Also, the gel pads needing to be replaced is something that some users may consider a drawback. Even when exercising extreme care, the gel pads are only supposed to be 100% effective for around 30 half-hour sessions (side note, I’ve been using mine for eight weeks, and although I went ahead and bought another set of pads, I have yet to need to replace them). Just follow the instructions and be aware that this product has an essential part that wears, and you will be in the clear.
For the love of God, the Flex Belt is not a weight loss product. It is not marketed as a weight loss tool, and it was not designed to assist with dropping overall body weight. The Flex Belt was developed as an abdominal toning and tightening electrical stimulation device. Losing excess weight and reducing body fat through regular diet and exercise is a must, as it is with any other supplementary product.
“But I Have [Insert Health Isssue]. The Flex Belt is Not Going To Work For Me”.
Au contraire. Any relatively healthy adult, regardless of weight or pre-existing conditions, can use the Flex Belt to its full advantage. This product has been utilized by paralyzed individuals with full mobility issues to great success. Does repetitive abdominal exercise cause you severe back or neck pain that doesn’t go away until your next workout the following week? That example was accurate because that was my scenario. That pain is gone, and now when I do go to the gym, my workouts are far more efficient as my lifts are heavier as a result.
Other potential beneficiaries of the Flex Belt include those whose financial situation keeps them from buying an expensive monthly gym membership, families with younger children, professionals with nonstop, hectic lifestyles, and even those living in areas of extreme heat or cold. It’s a four step process:
- Check the charge
- Attach the pads
- Strap it on
- Pick your program
My record for getting the belt fully set up is 37 seconds!
How To Use The Flex Belt
ALL OF THIS IS GREAT AND ALL, BUT HOW DO I USE THE FLEX BELT ONCE IT ARRIVES?
While incredibly simple to operate and highly straightforward regarding ease-of-use, it’s vital to learn how to use the Flex Belt effectively to achieve maximum results in minimal time.
Watch the video below to learn how to use the flex belt:
When you first receive the Flex Belt, read the instructions cover to cover to ensure that assembly is performed correctly. The battery needs to charge (which takes upwards of three hours and will need to be done every third or fourth session) before first using the belt. This battery is then snapped into the strap, and the gel pad covers are removed and placed on the belt. Once assembled, wrap the belt around your body with the gel pads pressed firmly on your abdominal skin. At this point, you’re ready to turn your new Flex Belt on.
You can select a program you would like to use by pressing the program button. There are ten preset programs, customized to fit every fitness level. They are designed to bring forth muscle confusion in the abdominal area, significantly enhancing the overall effect of the electric stimulation. Then you adjust the intensity until you can feel your muscles contracting properly. Once you have determined you are at the proper intensity, hold the information button down to lock the intensity in. Press the information button down again to deactivate the lock functionality and change the intensity settings.
IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE WE SHOULD KNOW BEFORE DIVING INTO THE FLEX BELT?
As stated earlier, I have been actively using the Flex Belt for eight weeks now while walking at a treadmill desk or preparing for my day when traveling. I was so impressed with the results already that writing this review was a must. My goal for this was to persuade you to get this revolutionary abdominal belt.
- It’s quick and easy to use.
- It’s unobtrusive.
- There are no additional steps than the four outlined above.
- It’s lightweight and portable, perfect for frequent travelers.
- It comes with a 60-day money back guarantee, plenty of time to see results.
- The only ongoing cost is a $15 replacement set of gel pads every two to three months.
There is nothing to lose except your persistent abdominal flab! Take it from me, take it from Dr. John Porceri, and take it from the strictly-enforced Food and Drug Administration.
This product works, and it works well!
Grab your very own Flex Belt now and start working hard (lol) to tone those abs!
The Ultimate Flex Belt Review
Product Name: The Flex Belt
Product Description: A Revolutionary ab toning belt.
The Flex Belt is a revolutionary ab toning device that helps you tone and tighten your abs and core without doing any work!
I personally love this product and I think it is perfect for anyone who has a good diet and exercises frequently but is looking for that extra push to get the body they desire.